Thursday, February 7, 2013

Carseat Covers

I have two sister-in-laws having babies this spring, so I made carseat covers for them. The one on the right is supposed to be for a boy. The one on the left is supposed to be unisex, but it was so hard finding fabric! I ended up thinking the mushrooms were a little girly, and the other was a little too boyish, but oh well. I love how they turned out either way.

 I found the pattern on Etsy. I love that it has a button front so you can peek in, but still keep the little ones covered if you want. Her pattern was great, but I made a few changes. She used Grossgrain ribbon everywhere, but I decided to pipe it. I'm getting more confident with my piping skills. For the red one, I made my own bias tape and covered store-bought piping to make it a little more special. (Thanks to my sister for the idea)

 Buttons! Sometimes it's the embellishments that end up costing the most. 

Straight from Little House on the Dairy.

Monday, February 4, 2013

Valentine Boxes

For F.H.E. all my kids came over and we had a lesson about loving one another.  After the lesson each family made a love box.  Over the next week we are suppose to write love notes to each other and put them in the box.  Most of the kids took off before I could get pictures but this is Jenny's Love Monster box and my attempts. It was so much fun!