Sunday, September 23, 2012

Two pieces of art

I got brave and entered some of my art into the City Art Fair this summer.  After seeing some of the other amazing entries, I was sure I didn't have a chance... 


But this one took 2nd place!!  I was so surprised when we were walking around the show, and my 7 year old started calling out to me to come see the ribbon on my painting!  It's 12 inches by 24 inches, oil on canvas.

 Of course the tree was the funnest part.  :)


Here's the other one I entered.  It's of James Madison, one of my heros.  The drawing is about 5 inches by 7 inches, and is done in grade 4B graphite.  Higher B graded pencils give you darker and richer values, and make it extra fun.  :)


Anyway, it was super fun to get an award, and made me want to spend more time on art!

2 comments:

  1. So cool. I think all of us wish we had a drawing talent like you. I haven't seen the Madison portrait. Great job with all the different shading. Thats harder than iy looks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How many people can say that the art on the walls of their home is done by the owner of the home? Not many. Beautiful!!

      Delete