Sunday, September 9, 2012

Well, we made the move and created me a wonderful sewing room.. When we built the house 13 years ago I quickly decided my sewing room was to small.  Well many things have happened from moving to a bedroom upstairs back downstairs and then back upstairs but now....I have found the permanent spot in the studio.  I have slowed down doing photography and sew more than I shoot.  I have taken the larger part of the studio area and made my permanent sewing room.  It really has been fun and it is not quite finished but Dad and I built this wonderful table and Brian helped with the granite. (that is the main reason it will never move again. 800 lbs of rock is hard to move)  I thought I would share the partial complete pictures.



This was one full Saturday.  Dad and I made this wonderful work table but it was a pain to move back downstairs but we did it.  Jalee and I put up the peg board and the thread racks and we moved the bookcases with Lark and BettyJo and everyone helped then the work on the table began.

 
 
Dad and I put together the base.
 

 
 
Then Andrea came and help stain it and now we are ready for the top.
 

 

Well that is how it looks now.  I still am moving the corner cabinet in from my existing sewing room they will go where the buffet table's are in the corner.  Then I will change out the curtains and add a few finishing touches and I will post a final picture of my new creative space.  I love it.

4 comments:

  1. That's so awesome. Sounds like we need to have a sewing party when we are all down visiting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hear hear Mary! That is so much work- wow! I have to say I'm a lot jealous :) That's good to split your hobbies like that as well. You're gonna love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We can party harty in this room. I love it when my girls get together and want to do something. We can sit at least 10 people around the table without any problem. I laugh when I really think about it. In our very first house I think our bathroom was littler than 8x5 and my table is almost 9x5.

    ReplyDelete