Thursday, December 29, 2011

Quilting as of Late

 I took on some holiday quilting projects this year. I'm making the rounds with sibling Christmas gifts, and this year was Adam's turn. 

 The pattern is called a snowball block. It comes together really fast! I wanted it pretty scrappy and casual.

 The back is pieced. PS, I love the apples and cherries on this print. Perfect for Washington! 

 I also attempted this stocking pattern I found online. I made some minor changes, but it's almost like the original. I love these prints.


 To embroider Annie's name, I just used a heat transfer pencil then did a backstitch around the letters.

Easy peasy. So fun. Now I want to remake the rest of ours too.

I'm excited to hear from everyone on this blog. Yay!

2 comments:

  1. Mary, what a thoughtful gift for Adam. Nice work!

    Also, awesome stocking for Annie! Whenever I think of making stockings I think of Aunt Janet and how she cleverly lined the inside of the stockings with plastic. Isn't Aunt Janet so clever?!

    If you have a baby boy someday, maybe you could do the main part green themed and the cuff red (like Aunt Janet did too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love the quilt! We totally noticed the Washington touch with apples and pears. Thank you so much! We know it was a "labor of love".

    ReplyDelete