Thursday, December 29, 2011

Three Tree's


This year I learned a new craft.  It is the art of paper piecing.  I found this pattern on the website here.
I really had fun learning this craft.  I gave this picture to some close friends along with the book.  It turned out to be a really fun gift.  In keeping with the theme I did three tree's in my home this year and thought I would share them with you.

This is my Disney Tree.  The bed skirt was a last minute addition.  I found the Minnie Mouse polka dot just made a circle added the ruffle and the large ric rac.


My next tree has been my traditional Delft Blue tree with our dutch ornaments.


We changed the position to in front of the big windows.  The entry was festive with garland on the stairs. And most importantly the Nativity being the focused as we came further into the house.



Our last tree is the traditional childhood memories tree.  This tree had all the childhood ornaments and balls.  The top of the tree is adorned with the "Christmas Story" star.  But no this star is the Anderson family star.


For years as a child this star (one similar) adorned our tree.  I remember grandma working with it year after year, adding glitter, changing the bulb,  making it work just one more year.  They bought a star just like this one the first year they were married.  It was on the tree every year while I was growing up.  After we moved back to Mesquite while Darryll and I lived in the old house in Mesquite, I was called to help clean out a house that had a lot of bottling jars in it.  I opened a large tin that was filled with Christmas decorations.  When I cleaned it out in the bottom of the tin was this star.  It was just like new.  It has now been atop our tree for 20 years.  I am sure buried in Mom's Christmas decoration is the original Anderson Family star but this is the Dodenbier Family Star.




3 comments:

  1. I'm dying over that oversized rick-rack! Seriously, so cute. I want to attempt paper piecing too. That's a good way to jump into it because it's such a small project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aunt Janet, that is the cutest gift idea ever and the cutest trees! I LOVE it! It's also such a good idea to do a few trees cause you can't let go of the childhood memories tree!

    I also remember that star on top of your tree. So sweet!

    ReplyDelete