Monday, February 13, 2012

Grandma Inspires Me to Cook


As I have recently ( well 10 months ago) been married I have taken on the challenge of really learning how to cook. In the past I have learned valuable lessons about cooking, but have never really been give the chance to put them to practice on a regular basis. I attribute my love for learning and my love for cooking to the women in my life, especially my mom and my grandma. They have always made the most wonderful homemade things. As I have been experimenting I have had thoughts come into my mind about stories I have heard about cooking experiences, and the "why's" of why we do certain things like throw away the first waffle. These women are the ones I call or want to call when I have mastered a new recipe or had a brilliant failure. I seek their advice and steal their recipe cards. I just wanted to send a "Thank you" out to these women who have taught me so much and have helped me to become a better cook. I love you more than words can say and I think of you every time I try something new.


3 comments:

  1. It all looks so good! Every time you post something on FB, I want to make it. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was pretty impressed with the creme de'le the other day. Dad still talks about how good it was and I really enjoyed it too. (by the way you left your torch)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That food looks so good! So, why do you throw away the first waffle?

    ReplyDelete