Tuesday, February 7, 2012


I have been meaning to write a post for grandma for the last couple of weeks but life is crazy.  Tonight I was crafty though and thought I should share.  Nellie and myself have been couponing and going shopping weekly which has been incredibly fun and such a good chance to catch up with one another.  This has also helped me in writing a grocery list and planning meals.  So in doing this I decided I needed to make myself a menu board and seeing all the amazing ones on pinterest inspired me to actually do it.  So here it is.
Not the best picture but it will do.  It is just a piece of metal for the backing I modge podged paper on top and then added bottle caps that have letters for each day of the week on them.  Lastly I made little sheets and laminated them so I can write the meal on the slips with permanent marker and later take it off if I want to switch.  I made a little container to hold the extra slips and a notepad to write my shopping list.  All in all I am pleased with the outcome and excited that I can make my weekly shopping trips that much more successful.

3 comments:

  1. That looks so fun...and helpful, too! I always do better when I plan menus, around the grocery store sales, usually. How's married life? I know you are doing great. Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice Camille! That's great you get together with Nellie. Couponing is a good thing to do too! I think Aunt Betty is/was really good at finding deals while grocery shopping.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so cute...You just might have to show me how you made it. Love you!

    ReplyDelete