Sunday, June 3, 2012

Grandma & Grandpa's Hands

Well I finally did it.  I finally got a treasured photo that I wished I had of my grandparents hands.  Even though I look and grandpa's hands I see Grandpa Roland's.  I see Grandma Ellen's in every baby I ever had.  I remember so well the long nail beds of grandma's hands.  Well the other day (Memorial Day to be exact) we were all sitting on the back porch visiting.  I looked over and saw Mom and Dad's hands next to each other and I said to myself I want a picture of that so I share with you my picture.





Then I decided to play with it a little and I turned it to Black and White.  Searched the Internet for the most perfect poem or quote and I found this quote from this website: http://www.dennydavis.net/poemfiles/hands.htm

The promise of tomorrow
And the hope of dreams come true,
A reminder of the childhood
That is still a part of you.
The wonder of a miracle
From which this love began
There is so much found
In the touch of a child's hand

I loved the poem.  I decided I wanted it square so I cropped it to an 8x8. So here is the finished product.


This is a full resolution finished product.  If you would like to print it feel free.  I printed mine 8x10 and just cut off the bottom 2 inches.  Then I went to Walmart and picked up a few square frames and it is now truly a treasured work at my house. 


It is Abby and Madison's hands in it so I have it placed next to them in my entry. 
I look at it and think of how much hard work has went into raising this family of ours.  The hands of a priesthood holder and a nursemaid, the hands fill with charity and love who have worked hard so that we may be where we are in life.  Mom's have quilted, sewed, cooked and cleaned.  They have been placed in an other's during compassionate moments and kindness.  They have shown service and they have disciplined.  But both hands have given their all to us.  Thank you mom and dad.

2 comments:

  1. I love it! And I would like one, thank you! I've heard it said when you really know someone, you know their hands. Just think about that, it's so true. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely want one! Love it. Your display with the new grandbabies is adorable.

    ReplyDelete