Thursday, June 7, 2012

More Fabric Flowers

I whipped some of these babies out the other day to send to Carrie's little girl, River. They were super easy. The best part is that if you don't sew, no worries. Shh, they're hot glued. There's a bazillion tutorials out there for stuff like this, but I kind of just made it up as I went, and I like how they turned out.

Fabric. I used scraps. I recommend using something that is on the same front and back, like a check or solid. Fold it roughly into fourths like so.


Cut out circles. Your biggest ones will be close to the finished size. These were for a baby headband, so they were only around 1 3/4". I did four big ones, four smalls, and a couple middle ones. They don't have to be perfectly round, nothing is exact here.

Fold a large circle into fourths.


Glue it to a smaller circle. You could make the bottom one felt.


Glue four quarter circles to the base.

Then just fold the smaller ones and stick them in between wherever looks good.

Fill, fill, fill.

There you go. 

I attached them to headbands. You could clip them to a cardigan or put them on a shirt or whatever. Easy peasy. Oh, and when you do use hot glue, you only need a teeny dab. I didn't even really squeeze the trigger on my glue gun, I kind of just dabbed the fabric into it. 

3 comments:

  1. These look exactly like the one she has on her little shirt. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this tutorial is for me Mary...seeing as I kind of missed the sewing gene. These are so so cute! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will be trying this lovely project today! Thanks Mary those are so stinking cute!

    ReplyDelete