Monday, April 2, 2012

Blessing Dress

I've been working on something the last couple of weeks :) I can't believe it turned out; I've never made an article of clothing with a crochet pattern before. 
 I did a lot of homework and I think that helped. We ordered some heirloom quality thread, which took longer, but turned out so nice. I had also looked at Ebay, Etsy and all around online for inspiration on the pattern and style. I was tempted to buy one already made, but I found the perfect pattern as an e- download for a deal, and it turned out to be just right for me to figure out.

 The pattern had some pretty frilly or antique-like sleeves and booties (which Tanner and I weren't really into), so I tried to make them a little more modern. Tanner was great to give some good input as I trucked along; he seems to really like the finished product.
(back) 

The only thing that would make this dress better would be to have the baby actually in it :) I can be patient though. The baby is due with only 4 weeks left!

6 comments:

  1. Absolutely exquisite...with booties to match, no less!! I think you inherited your crochet skills from Grandpa. :) [If you didn't know that Grandpa crochets, you learned something today!]

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous Carrie! At first when I started reading this post I thought it was from your mom. I didn't know that you crocheted too! Good Work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing!! Crochet patterns can be tricky for sure. My favorite detail is the ribbon threaded through. Love it. That will mean so much to her that her mom made her dress.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so impressed. The dress is beautiful, I love the pineapple pattern at the bottom, Great Grandma Anderson made me a doily that I just love out of this pattern. And the booties are great. Just such a good job and so brave to try something so hard, way to go Carrie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so beautiful. That is alot of hardwork. Congratulations, and soon you can fill it with that beautiful girl of yours.

    ReplyDelete