Monday, April 2, 2012

Lattice Safari Quilt

This quilt is for my Carrie. She's having her first baby girl this spring, so I wanted to do something special for her. I really really love how it turned out. Seriously. If this quilt wasn't for her, I would have a hard time giving it away. It's probably in my top three faves. She chose the grey/navy/yellow color scheme and I took it from there.

It was fun doing a palate so traditionally masculine, but keeping it feminine with all the floral, girly prints.

 I think the quilting really kept it simple and soft. Aren't these prints so fun? There's a bit of a safari theme going on, not on purpose though.  Tip: I always like to wash my quilts before I send them off because it really changes the look of them. I like the rumpled, worn look. 

 First attempt at bias binding and rounded corners. Won't be the last. I loved not turning corners.

Off to your new home in Montana!

3 comments:

  1. You do such pretty and unique quilts. I love the blue and I love quilts that are framed in white they just pop at you! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The quilt is here and I feel so spoiled to have it! Thanks Mary!

    ReplyDelete