Monday, October 29, 2012

High Chair Cover

By Kathryn
(Sorry, I don't know why the pictures are being crazy...)

My friend wanted me to recover her high chair cover. 
It was girly, and now she wanted it for her baby boy. 

I had never attempted this kind-of project, but my friend was sure I could figure it out. 
I found basic instruction from this website, then tailored it to fit my needs.

We choose dark brown for the seat, to make the food hide better, 
and all the fabric is washable.I made button holes so the straps could still fit through, and secured them through all layers. Following guides from the original cover, I ran a stitch where the seat would need to fold, making it fit nicely into the high chair.

We added rick-rack trim for fun, and bias tape to finish the edge. 
Next time I would use larger bias tape because it is easier to work with. 

It was fun to help my friend with something I had done before, 
and she was so excited with the end result. 


2 comments:

  1. That is trickier than it looks. I love that tutorial. I used the same one. Looks great Kat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, that's nice! Good call on the darker fabric.

    ReplyDelete