Saturday, March 17, 2012

Annie's Book Birthday

Annie just turned one. As I was considering what to do for her birthday, I easily could have done something super girly and pink, but I thought it was better to do something that she really likes--books. They're easily her favorite thing to play with right now. I searched around for inspiration online, and  I found a great idea here. I scrounged up most of the stuff for the party around my house, and the goodwill. It ended up being pretty easy and cheap.

Invitations, found here:
 I cut a page out of an old book from college and just sewed up the sides to make an envelope.

Decorations:
 You can do so much with paper from books. I cut pages to 5x7", then ran them through my computer and printed the letters on them. Then I just cut them to a point and taped them around baker's twine.

 I made a timeline of monthly pictures I took of her first year.

 Hung it with twine and clothespins, and threw some books up to add to it.

I bought a Dr. Seuss book at the Goodwill and cut pennants out of it with my rotary cutter. Then I just slapped on some bias tape and we were done. 

Food:
I kept it really simple. Cake and cupcakes and fizzy lime ricky's. I made little cake toppers by shrinking down some of her favorite book covers and printing them out. 

 I found the straws here. Did you notice the table cloth? I had the Dick and Jane fabric left over from a quilt from a few years ago. Talk about perfect. 

I'm kind of in love with Baker's twine now. Oh, and I made the cake stand! So easy. I bought a candle holder and a glass plate at the Goodwill, and just glued them together with E6000. So easy. 

Favors:
Brown paper bags I ran through my printer with a Dr. Seuss quote on them. 

I threw made little packets of worms, and printed out these bookplates to go in the bag. 

I loved this party. So fun to get ready, and so fun to do something different. 

No comments:

Post a Comment