Monday, March 5, 2012

Sew Fun


Grandma, we're grateful for your love and influence with sewing. It's so awesome to look at all your material in your home. I'm sure I'm like others when I say that I catch myself thinking of the time when/if I will have cupboards full of fabric myself :)

We are expecting a baby girl this May and we're so grateful and excited. To help pass the time this week I found myself sewing outfits. The patterns and tutorials I came across online, and they were really so much fun to make!


As I've gotten more into clothes construction I made some clothing labels for the kids' clothes. I think it gets me excited to sew as much as anything :) (You can order clothing labels on Etsy,  I just haven't explored that very much yet.)



I will be trying more box cut pleats in the future now. It's kind of hard to see, but it's in the middle of the skirt.



Hopefully I can make time to sew as my kids get older. I know you ladies have, so I'm sure I can too. I love you guys!

3 comments:

  1. I love the tags. They make it look so professional! I need some for my quilts, but I can't think of a name or catchy word like you. Great fabric choices. I love that they're all girly, but not pink.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So cute! We can't wait for the arrival of this new baby girl!

      Delete
  2. I love the tags,the are super cute. I guess I better get on Etsy and order some. I'm so excited for you and this baby girl, it will be such fun. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete