Friday, January 6, 2012

Flower Headband

 Kat and I whipped some of these headbands out while we were home for Christmas. It was really fun and easy.

There's about a bazillion tutorials for these kind of flowers, I liked this one. I think the biggest thing is to make sure the fabric you're using is synthetic, so when you burn the edges the whole piece of fabric doesn't start on fire. Also, she used a lighter, but I think it's easier to light a candle and do it that way. 

You can really customize it however you want. I used 12 layers to get the look I liked. You could use thinner elastic, different beads in the center, layers that are different colors. Whatever. Quick and easy, perfect for a baby gift too!

2 comments:

  1. Very cute. I guess burning the material helps with the fraying?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep. It finishes the edges. You don't actually put it in the flame. The heat rises up and seals it.

    ReplyDelete