Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Christmas Projects

by Kathryn

This year I decided to make each person in my family a homemade gift. 
I had a lot of fun sewing these projects- they were made with love!

These are dolls clothes I made for Dani. She has a matching bag too. 
I free-handed the snowflakes. 

Looks like they fit!




This is my dad during food day at the institute. 
Lindsay and I stopped to visit him during Thanksgiving dinner. 

I made him this chef's hat to wear on those food days.
I think he likes it!

I didn't have a pattern, so I follow this child's one, and just altered it. 
The embroidery took as long as the total hat construction!

Lindsay got this apron for her new cooking things. 

On Christmas morning she was especially excited about these "POTATOES!"
which are actually clementine oranges. 

For Sam, who works for the department of transportation, 
I made this NEON orange fleece hoodie with reflective piping. 
It is SOOO bright in real life.
I don't think he'll be mistaken on the road. 

For Will I made a blanket for Sheriff Woody and a pillowcase to match for him.


What I really wanted to sew all during the break was a skirt for myself. 
Last Saturday I finally got it done!

It's a pencil skirt. This is the back. It ruffles. I like it. 

My last project is a black knit dress. I haven't worked a whole lot with knit, so I'm interested to see how that will go. Sam surprised me with a serger in August that I have been LOVING. It's so nice to have the details as pretty on the inside as on the outside.

Merry Christmas!

2 comments:

  1. Awesome job Kat! Your pencil skirt is so cute too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving the skirt Kat. I want a model pic.

    ReplyDelete