Wednesday, January 11, 2012

High Chair Makeover

Since we moved into a bigger house, we now have room for a bigger high chair. We've loved our little clip on, but this one is nice to have in the kitchen area while I'm cooking. I found a high chair on Craigslist for $10 (total steal!), but it didn't have a cover. So I made one.

I'm pretty proud of this baby. I just looked at some pictures online (I found an amazing tutorial here),  measured the dimensions, then I just guessed and did the best I can. It would have been easier if I could have used the old one as a template, but I just did a mock up with some scrap fabric and tweaked it from there.

 I kind of love this fabric. I think it could go either boy or girl. It's totally washable too.

I feel so good about this one! I'm so thankful that my mom taught me how to sew. I found some places on etsy selling high chair covers for $50+. No thanks.

3 comments:

  1. I'm grateful MY mom taught ME how to sew! And I love that you girls sew also. Looks so fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, nice fabric picks. I love it when we make things and save.

    ReplyDelete