Sunday, January 22, 2012

Grandma's Quilts (Grandma Janet that is)

For Christmas I made all my grandchildren quilts.  It was a lot of fun.  I even made Baby Abby one.
Hers was pink and green with baby buggies on it.

Next came Jessie's it was done with a vintage print and accented with Christmas green.  I really think she likes it.

Then Embers it was done with bright neon colors with flowers and butterflies and all sorts of cuteness.

Then last but not least was Neil's.  It was frog's and more frog's.  I really loved it.

But the greatest accomplishment was that they were all quilted and bound.  My kids were very impressed with that talent of mine.  ( but the truth is I have a wonderful neighbor that helped me finish them and bound them for me)

3 comments:

  1. Wow, Paige's kids are growing up! They will treasure blankets made by their grandma. I know I have. Cute themes and colors too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love them!! People don't understand how much love goes into a quilt until they make one themselves. So cool. I especially love your fabric choice for Jesse's. I love vintage stuff like that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a great tradition to carry on. I love the ones Grandma made for me. Just last night when I was tucked Dani in bed, I put three quilts on her, all made with love from her grandmas. First, the one Grandma made for me at graduation; second, the toddler quilt grandma made Dani; and third the pink afghan made by my mom. She was all wrapped in love.

    ReplyDelete